Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, September 1, 2017

Still Puzzling It Out

The title of this post may be misleading. I have solved the "mystery." The problem is that my husband's relative wants no contact with him. While I understand that, there is more than personal contact at stake here.

All I know about my husband's father's side is not what I know about his father's side. All the research I've done over the last 30 years is not valid. I did this research by questioning my father-in-law about his family. He told me what he knew, which was mostly about his mother's side. His father's side, I did the research.

What happens when you find out that the research you did was good, but the wrong family? And the family you have determined is the correct one just does not want to have any contact. What about medical histories? Do we not have a right to know?

I struggle with this daily. Mostly, I hope that this relative relents and contacts us. From what I have been told by other family members, he is intelligent. Hopefully, he will become curious, too.

The previous post can be found here.


Copyright 2010-2017, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment