Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Hungarian Records

Since discovering hubby's Hungarian Jewish ancestry, I've been poking around on the Jewish Genealogical Society's site and on the familysearch.org site looking at records. All I can say is wow. And I am really grateful for word lists. Because although some of the records are in German, which I've worked with before, some are not. I do wish there were records from earlier dates, like 1820s. Supposedly Karoly Ecker was born in 1824 and died in 1929 at the age of 105. I find it suspect. I also find it suspect that his wife was born in 1826 and died in 1899. It's the birth years I find suspect. If Betti Altman(n) was indeed having babies in the 1880s, and these children survived to adulthood, emigrated to America and were married, welllll. I just don't think its likely. I also found one that was supposed to have died in the holocaust, yet is on a survivor's list in 1946. His mother's name is Betti Altman(n). I'll keep looking in the meantime for answers.

Copyright 2010-2017, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment