Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, July 3, 2017

The Same Man or Wrong Men?

I found these on Ancestry last weekend. I am on the fence whether or not they belong to the same man or different men. Now, I do have two Alexander Maitlands, father and son. One lived in Lexington, Missouri for a while and the other settled in Richmond, Missouri. The latter was the son of the first. Now you may notice that the first one owes his allegiance to Scotland. Alex Maitland, Sr was born in 1813 in Scotland. His son was born in Canada in 1839. So, I'm not sure if The first record belongs to any of my Maitland's, but reasonably sure the second one does. Just not sure which Alexander Maitland. This certain needs some work.



Copyright 2010-2017, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment