Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Check, Check and Check

 I finally got the images transcribed and linked from our last research trip to Lexington, Kentucky. My former research buddies know that I often came back to the room after a long day at the library and entered what I found into my database and prepared for the second day.

Well, those days are long gone. When going on a research trip with the hubby, we would hit a microbrewery and have a beer or two. By the time we got back to our room, I wasn't doing any data entry.

After finally entering the 7 items from my to-do list, I looked at the last one I entered and realized I didn't have information on one of her sisters. I was able to find the sister's Find-a-Grave record, which also gave me her husband's information and voila, now I just found his obit. Time to transcribe and link some more. Unfortunately, it added more paper to my pile. Not that I'm complaining. She was after all, my fourth cousin three times removed!

Copyright 2010-2017, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment