Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Ancestry DNA

After the first few weeks after receiving our DNA results, the "glow" has worn off a bit. Mostly because of my hubby. You see, he has only shared ancestor hints - our daughters.

Me, on the other hand, I have 65. And then I saw something different on the page. I have a new potential relative that I've never heard of. John Cyrus Schoonover. As I look at the information, and click on the list. And it shows me I have a DNA match to two members of the circle. Clicking on that, I find Huber. Not sure if it connects to my Huber or not.  Very interesting. Their Huber goes back to 1750 and a birth. Mine is my 5th great grandmother, who married Jean Theobold Zimmeth. She died in 1750.

Oh well, back to working on the piles.

Copyright 2010-2016, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment