Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

One Piece of Paper Down ... One Hundred to Go

Almost 5 years ago, I posted a Wedding Wednesday for Virginia Whiteside and William Hall. One of their great-grandchildren commented on the post about a year and a half ago. I recently came across the email and printed it out so that I could look for some of their descendants. Well, with the help of Ancestry.com, Familysearch.org and the Western Michigan Genealogical Society's Newspaper database, I found out more info on this family.

Virginia was my mother's first cousin, but was 16 years older than my mother. Her parents were Josephine Zimmeth and George Whiteside. Josephine was the eldest daughter of August and Augusta Wilhelmina "Mina" Zimmeth. My mother's father was their youngest child. I am pretty sure I met Virginia at my grandfather's funeral in 1979. At that time, pre Family History Detective, I'm afraid I didn't pay much attention.

Now, with the miracle of the internet, I was able to find some more people to add to my tree. 

Copyright 2010-2015, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment