Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Moanin' - I Hate These Distractions - Maybe!

Lately, I've been distracted by our health insurance. Our "company" changed prescription services yet again. And it took them a week to get us into their system so I could reorder my meds. Well, they cancelled one and almost two weeks later, I am waiting for the important one.

To top it off, the company where I used to get my blood testing supplies doesn't participate. I used to be able to get my diabetic supplies locally. Not any more. So I spent the day trying to find a mail order place. I think I found one, but they need to get the script from my doctor and then it will take two weeks to process; who knows how long to receive the strips. The downside of this is I will run out of strips in the meantime. Oh and my insurance company cut my benefit, so they will only pay for what they call a 100 day supply. Sure if I only tested once a day. So I have to call my doctor's office and get yet another script from them. Which I am sure I will have to pay for out of pocket. Blah. I didn't think stress was good for diabetics. My blood sugar has been really weird lately. Gee, I wonder why.

The good distractions are seeing daughters. Older daughter and I are having fun doing things at her house. Her cats are getting used to seeing us.Well, Tonks is. Luna is still a little shy.

Our own cat, Mouse, has taken to plopping herself on my lap whenever I take a break from something. She at least is a calming influence.

Saturday night, I finally took some time and started working on my obit & death notice, and marriage files, transcribing and linking them. In doing so, of course, I ended up adding a dozen sheets to the pile-o-paper. This is progress?

Copyright 2010-2014, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment