Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Wedding Wednesday - Shroyer & Catron

On November 6, 1860 in Waverly, Missouri, Miss Eliza Ann Shroyer (daughter of William Washington Shroyer and Jane Vivian Webb) married Mr. Christopher Catron (son of Stephen Catron and Elizabeth Smith.)

Eliza Ann (also found as Ann E. Shroyer) was a sister of Margaret Shroyer who married John E. Davidson who was my great great granduncle.

Normally, I would not choose someone who is not directly related to me or my husband, however, I decided I needed to research her mother, since I have Vivions/Vivians and Webbs in my line. Preliminary checking places Jane Vivian Webb as a daughter of John Vivion Webb and Lucy Woodward, which makes her a first cousin 5 times removed.

So that makes Eliza Ann Shroyer and her sister Margaret, second cousin 4 times removed.

Very interesting.



Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment