Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, November 29, 2013

The Wait is Over! Legacy 8 At Long Last!

At long last, the wait is over. Tuesday I finally got the new version (8) of Legacy Family Tree.

I've played with Legacy 7.5 and followed some of the tutorials for 7.5 and sneak peaks at version 8 (deluxe) and I have to say, I was really happy with how some of the stuff imported. Like my shared events. That is one of the new things for Legacy that I was waiting for since I've been using that for a few years in RootsMagic.

And yes, I've been using RootsMagic since it came out and Family Origins since version 3. We just might be able to get up and using it quickly.

My first test was Wednesday to see if I could search for marriages that occurred on November 27th. If you read my blog on Wednesday, you saw that I had the marriage for my g-g-g-g-g-g grandparents, Henry Oliphant & Agnes (Ann) Archibald.

So far, so good. Hopefully, the manual will arrive soon and I can really start entering stuff.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment