Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Moanin' - Yeah, I Am Up Early!

I hate the end of daylight savings time. Hate it. Somehow I never get that extra hour's sleep everyone promises. And today, I am up at 5:30 a.m. I'm retired, I don't need to be up at 5:30 a.m.

A nice thing happened on Sunday. I got an email on one of my blog posts about the Vivion/Vivian family. This family connects to my Webbs and Carters. Someone was nice enough to go to the Vivion cemetery in Lafayette county, Missouri and take pictures of the headstones. Thanks, Bill.

Did you notice that I dropped the Vivian part? That's because the tombstones all say VIVION. Which is what I always used to begin with, but census records and marriage records used the two names interchangeably. Well, dang, their name was Vivion. Now to change that in my database!

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment