Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Too-Too Thursday: Add This to My List of Occupations

In my life, I have been a babysitter, a church secretary, a Medical Records office clerk, a medical transcriptionist, a wife, a mother, a library page, and a library clerk. I added a new occupation the other day: locksmith.

As we were leaving the house the other day, I closed the door that has been sticking really bad, hard enough to close it. When we got home, we couldn't use that door to get in. Key or no key, the lock was clearly broken. So DH and I took it apart and the next day went shopping for a repair, a part or a new entry lock.

Turns out we needed to replace the entry lock on the door into the garage, and then re-key it. That was actually one of the easiest things we've ever done. And now we can use that door again!

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment