Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, October 4, 2013

The Insomniac

I remember when I was young, waking up in the middle of the night and my dad would be planted in front of the TV, trying to fall asleep. This was back in the days before 24 hour television, when the last thing you would hear is the star spangled banner followed by the visual test pattern. If you had black and white TV, it was not very interesting, but with the advent of color television you  could stare at the colors for a while, before getting up off your hind end to turn the TV off. Then you would watch the picture reduce to a dot before fading away.

Now, TV almost never goes black, unless there is a power failure. But when I wake up at 4:15 in the morning, the last thing I want to do is turn the TV on. So instead, I toss and turn, read, play games, read email and compose blog posts!

Good night. Um morning. Whatever.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment