Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sympathy Saturday - Earl John Brough

First I am going to preface this with a little story about how I was approached at a Western Wayne County Genealogical Society meeting in Livonia, Michigan one evening, quite a few years ago. You see, the person whom I met was David Brough (I think and if my memory is not failing me.) He wanted to know if my Percivals and his Percivals were connected. At the time, I had enough to do to follow my own line, and told him I didn't know anything about his line, but that if I came across anything, I would email him. We exchanged email addresses.

It wasn't until a few years ago that I did connect the dots on this Percival and tried to email him. The email never came back as undeliverable (sadly, I had no snail mail address for this fellow.)

Tonight, while writing this post, I checked the obits. Probably an obvious thing to do, and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. I think I found him. Or possibly his father. I don't remember him being close to my dad's age ...

At any rate, this is one of his ancestors, and it comes from the Ludington Daily News, obituary, 12 October 1940, p5 c3:

EARL BROUGH DIES AT ANN ARBOR

PELTON DISTRICT. - Relatives here have received word of the death in Ann Arbor, Saturday, Oct. 5, of Earl Brough, husband of Edna Percival Brough, a former resident here.

Mr. Brough and a companion fell to their death from the scaffolding of a building on which they were working.

He was buried in Ann Arbor Tuesday.

Mrs. Brough is a cousin of Mrs. Herman Beyer, who received the message and also a cousin of Mrs. John Belleville and H. L. Darr.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment