Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Too-Too Thursday: Souvenirs

We aren't much for souvenirs, but sometimes we like to pick up interesting stuff we find along the way. One of my favorite shopping places is .. the Liquor Barn in Lexington, Kentucky. Last time we were there, I found a bottle of Virginia Gentleman Bourbon. It was distilled at the A. Smith Bowman distillery in Virginia. He was a second cousin, three times removed. 

I was thrilled to find a bottle of Bowman Brothers, made at the same distillery. I haven't opened it yet, but the bottle is very special.You can barely make out an illustration of the Bowman Brothers - John, Isaac, Abraham and Joseph. All were important in Kentucky history. Joseph died at Vincennes during the revolution. Abraham, of course was my ancestor.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment