Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, September 30, 2013

I Would Call it a Successful Trip

There is no doubt that my DH and I had a great time on our trip. Yes, we did try to cram in too much stuff early on, and pushed a little too hard on the road the first day. But, we had a fabulous time.

As much as I enjoyed the visits with family and friends, I really enjoyed the research parts of our trip. It had been over two years since visiting a cemetery or library, and it felt good, although tiring, to be back in the research chair again.

My to-do list numbered 237 before we left - that being the number of ALL the items on my to-do list. Now? It is down to 181. I amdone entering info found at the ACPL in Fort Wayne, but all my newspaper articles are done from the Lexington Public Library. And I have linked the photos from the cemetery. I need to make sure the Lexington stuff is up to date before DH and I head up there again soon!

The Wild Ones remember that when we would go to Fort Wayne for our research marathons, I'd often start entering stuff when we got back to the room. For the most part, I wanted to be sure I'd covered all the bases, but I also suffer from insomnia, so it would give me something to do in the wee hours if I didn't need a lot of light!

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment