Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, September 27, 2013

Genealogy Roadshow - Nashville

I live an hour + away from Nashville, how did I not know about this?

The show. Well, I loved it and hated it. I liked the pacing, but like Who Do You Think You Are? it seems to pull rabbits out of hats. Actually, there was a little bit more of "I found this on the census" or "He was found on a passenger list." That is good. None of this pulling the fancy charts out with lineages. Ugh.

BUT. And that is a big one. When Josh Taylor made the comment about Polish records being lost? Couldn't he have talked to a genealogist who specializes in Polish or Eastern European research? Maybe he could have said, we couldn't locate a Parish in Poland. He did actually, have the town name. Maybe Josh Taylor didn't know about the little upstart fella, Napoleon, who insisted each parish keep three sets of records, one for the parish level, one for the regional level and one for the archive.

For records that were "lost" I have found most of my hubby's lines in Poland. 

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment