Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Fun With Family

Friday found us leaving Fort Wayne behind and heading up to Holland, Michigan.  We visited with two different sets of relatives. The first set, was Gale, a cousin I found on my mom's side, and is a 3rd cousin once removed. It took a long time to find this side, as they changed their name from Zimmeth to Simmet. And they lived in mid Michigan not all that far from my mom's family who lived in Iosco county.

This was one of the times that my Families app came in handy, as Gale had a question and I was able to look up the person in question on my cell phone and show him what I had. Very cool app. Great visit! Gale had visited us in Tennessee last year shortly before my knee surgery.

The other family we visited, was my Aunt Shirley and cousins Sally and John and Sally's granddaughter, on my dad's side of the family. We really enjoyed catching up with them and returning the visit they paid us last year in early June. My aunt is our oldest living relative, by marriage. I always say I want to be like her when I grow up! She is very active still, still plays bridge and still enjoys her Hope basketball games!

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment