Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Fun: At the Library

 In our ever-changing and evolving travel plans, DH told me I should be prepared in case we did decide to stop in Lexington, Kentucky. My preparation was a 23 page to-do list for the main Library's "Kentucky Room" and their fantastic Local History Index.

This time, I did something I have never done before: I started at the back of the to-do list. Yeah, I did that because I knew those were the oldest newspapers. And I was pretty successful. There were only three that I could not find - not due to errors on my part. And I hope the librarian can straighten it out too!

Two probably listed the wrong newspaper. The third one? Well, the index has her obit two months before she died. I didn't find her for either date. Sigh. Not too worry, I still have plenty to do!



Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment