Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Moanin' - Weather Stuff

When we moved to Tennessee way back in the Fall of 2007, they were in for a couple of drought years. So far, 2013 has been anything but dry. Mid-August and our rainfall is just below 50 inches for the year. I can't believe it has only been 50 inches. I need some sunshine.

We are doing some stuff around the house before we leave on our trip. I've also been taking a second look at stuff I want to look at in Fort Wayne and Lexington. My research to-do lists are like my bible when I go researching. I love checking things off those lists. I don't think I'll ever not have a to do list to work from because I never seem to get everything. Sometimes that book or periodical or newspaper is not available for my use. Maybe someone else is researching in the county atlas I want to use. And every time I knock 5 items off the list at the Lexington, Kentucky Public Library, I seem to add one or two more. And poor hubby, that list at the Lexington Cemetery? It just gets bigger and bigger. And we've taken hundred of photos there. Maybe not hundreds left, but quite a few nonetheless.

Then there are the family visits. Gotta make sure that our meetups are scheduled. DH and I have a day of not quite lazy travel planned between the Detroit area and Buffalo, but don't plan on making it in one day. This totally goes against my usual "get in the car and drive" attitude.

I am getting excited about the trip. Last year's vacation was two nights in Chattanooga (a gift from our kids) and a summer spent recovering from knee replacement surgery. Since I do at least 50% of the driving, both of us have to be in shape for it.

I hope the weather improves for our trip. I hate driving in heavy rain. And it always seems to rain somewhere along the line!

Back to my lists now!

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment