Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, June 28, 2013

I'm a Two-Percenter!

Do you use the old search on Ancestry.com? If so, you, like me, are the two percent that use the old feature. And alas, like all good things, it is going away.

I received a survey today, from Ancestry.com, about improvements that I would suggest. My first suggestion was to be able to search ONLY a specific collection, or, let's say just the United States Collection. And not get ANY results for outside the U.S.

Out of curiosity, I used the new search. And even though I said to search only the United States Collection, I  still got reams of results from the UK. It's very frustrating. And my guess is that they do that on purpose. So that you'll pay for the World collection.

Obviously, they aren't going to fix it. This has been my beef since before they introduced the 'new search' several years ago. If they haven't fixed it in all those years, it isn't going to happen because of a two percenter!

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment