Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Too-Too Thursday - The Happy Dance Commences

I finished the cemetery project and all the info from Find-a-Grave and death certificates that it generated. Whew. In the meantime, one of my Sympathy Saturday posts, sent me a new relative on my Chinn side. That is just too cool. And, sadly, I discovered an obituary and a photo of another relative online. The gentleman, Homer Holdredge, is someone with whom I had corresponded when I first got online back in the mid 1990's. He connected to the Geauga county Percivals, which took me years to verify their connection to my Percivals. I knew about his grandfather, Sereno Percival Holdredge, but had no idea that he died in Tennessee. And Homer did too. Small world. What really freaked me out, is Homer's resemblance to my dad. I won't publish either photo here, but if you are related to me or Homer, I'll be happy to share.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment