Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Too-Too Thursday - Too Much Transcribing!

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, a friend and fellow family researcher pulled, copied and emailed me an article from the Arkansas Historical Society bulletin about the Weaver family in Little Rock Arkansas. The family was descended from my great-great-great grandparents Jabez Percival and Elizabeth Stearns so I wanted the 'story' so to speak.

So I transcribed it from the images she sent using Transcript, my go to program for doing transcription. It was ten pages long. I thought I'd never finish. Even our cat, Mouse, thought I'd never finish as she kept coming in to play with me. But it's done! Except for adding the additional genealogical information that I gathered from it.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. This is the first I have heard of this program, but yesterday I spent a lot of time clicking between screens to transcribe and wonder how to keep the written article in place why I copy the information.
    Now, I have to try this.

    ReplyDelete