Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Too-Too Thursday - Filing, Filing!

You know it's time to file when every lateral surface in your office is covered with the results of your research. I love the hunt for records. I like entering the information. I detest filing. So it usually sits for a while. This last pile I did? I'm ashamed to say I transcribed this pile of obituaries, marriage and birth notices in November 2011. No, that isn't a typo. Over a year it sat waiting for me to put it away. Like I said, I love the hunt. The filing just reminds me of those days many years ago, when I had to file regularly. And, even though I got paid for it, I hated doing it. Since no one is paying me to do my own filing ... it just doesn't get done as often as it should!.

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment