Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, February 15, 2013

Freaked Out Friday - Print! Print! Print #@*& It!

Ever get through a project and then go to print your update? And it won't print? This happened to me the other day when I wanted to reprint a page from the workbook of Lexington (Kentucky) Cemetery records that I have been working on for years. And years. The Darn thing would bring up a print dialog box and a print to file dialog box at the same time.

I had to sit back and figure out the last time I successfully printed this file. Well, it was more than a year ago since we didn't take any genealogy trips last year due to my knee replacement in June. The last time I printed this was in November of 2011? Really?

I had to think what was knew in my configuration since November of 2011. The answer was my windows 7 Dell laptop. Duh. After 2.5 hours of puttering around on Microsoft and on my laptop, I discovered a simple fix. Choose any other printer other than my Canon MX860 and then go on to choose my Canon Printer. Dang if it didn't work. Whew! Crisis averted, nerves shot!

Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment