Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A New-Found Relative

I am always so excited when one of my blog posts results in an email from a relative, or inspires someone to get working on their family history. Therefore, when I opened an email from a new-found relative this morning, a Bowman descendant, I was thrilled to find out that she learned something about her family from me.

In the 25 years that I have been researching, I've come across many relatives who have helped me, so it is great to be able to pass that forward.


Copyright 2010-2013, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. I agree! It was wonderful this morning to get comment from someone interested the same SHACKFORD line that I'd written about a month ago! She learned frome me and I gained some new insight from her posting. Hoping it leads to more coorespondance and shared learning about this particular family line!

    Joanne
    www.shackfordgenealogy.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always appreciated the living relatives we visited on family vacations. You should write about family trips to cemeteries and meeting live relatives. ;)

    ReplyDelete