Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Moanin' - Early to Bed ...

It was an early night last night since DH and I had to be up early for a delivery from the local big box home improvement store. AFTER I got up and got dressed he tells me that he told the delivery people that 7 am was a little too early. So I got up at 6:20 am why? It's almost 8:30 am and they still aren't here.

I'm still fussing with using Windows Speech Recognition in Transcript. The author of Transcript had me try using the newest version on my old Windows Vista laptop and unfortunately I got the same results. Now, if you are unfamiliar with Transcript, click on the link and you will get a brief explanation of the program and the opportunity to download the latest version. For free. It still works the best when using it as intended, typing from an image. Since I save all my obituaries, marriage and birth notices - among other things such as letters - as .jpg files, this program was made for me. Last year, before the purchase of my new Windows 7-64 bit laptop, I was even using Transcript with the Windows Speech Recognition program. They worked great together.

If you haven't been to the site, you probably don't know that the gentleman who writes the program lives in the Netherlands. So Windows Speech Recognition does not come with his Windows. I guess I'll just go back to dictating my blogs, and using WSR for emails and FB.

Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment