Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Marry Me!

Not me! I am married to the love of my life. I just happen to be working on marriage records right now  and I can't believe how many of the marriages were recorded in more than one place. For instance, I've found several that were recorded in two different towns in Massachusetts. I'm not really sure why that was done, but generally it states which town they were married in.

Then, I have an index marriage record for Joseph Foster Percival & Margaret Snow in Maine and a record in Massachusetts. Weird.

Even my parents have their marriage recorded in two places - 1946 in Fremont, Ohio and 1947 in Detroit, Michigan. The Detroit one is only a church service, no license.


Copyright 2010-2012, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment