Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

OCFRD* Revisited

Every so often I get caught up in the search. While browsing on the FamilySearch site, Virginia, Winchester, Evening Star Obituaries, 1899-1909, I thought I'd search McCarty, which is one of the families who married into my Zimmeth family. Nothing there, I migrated over to Find-A-Grave to look for more recent members of the family. I found my mother's cousin, Myrtle Whiteside McCarty and her husband Ovid. I have always found this line fascinating because it makes my parents kissing cousins. You see, my dad's line - the Chinns - connect to the Downmans and Balls. My sixth great grandparents, Margaret Ball Downman and Rawleigh Chinn were never married. The lines intersect down the line with the McCartys making my parents connected by a marriage other than their own. I am attempting now to catch up with that line.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment