Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Friday, October 7, 2011

Freaked Out Friday!

I can't believe it's Friday already - well almost since I am writing this on Thursday evening. At any rate, here I am scrambling again for a topic not only for today, but for the next few days since we are taking a quick trip up to Michigan next week!

I've been working on lots of projects lately - scrapbook pages, thank you cards and my family history. I seem to be concentrating heavily on Virginia, which is a challenge. Ancestry is making me nuts. First they do something nice, and then they think they do something nice. For instance, to celebrate their 15th anniversary they are giving free access to select databases over a 15 day period. I have yet to find a database that will benefit me. And when I do try to search, I get error messages that tell me they can't display all the results. As a result, I have been trying to stay off Ancestry until their anniversary is over.

Family Search has been making me nuts too. There are Minnesota county birth records for Mankato in Blue Earth county I want to access and yet they cannot be accessed. I've been waiting a couple weeks now and I know I can be waiting for ages. After all I waited over a year for a death certificate and only got it because friend and cousin Carol over at Reflections from the Fence picked it up for me during her trip to Salt Lake City. Now there is a message on the Family Search site that that image is not available. It's very frustrating. Sometimes I think I'll have to wait another year to find out that I won't be able to access Mankato, Blue Earth county, Minnesota birth records.

I guess I have to find something else to do.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment