Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Back in the Saddle --er-- Researcher's Chair

I have once again donned my research cap and I can't tell you how good it feels. I have been so distracted by other things lately, that my researching skills were honestly getting rusty.

DH and I took a trip up to New York State and then down into Virginia, that was, despite outside circumstances, pretty relaxing. We also put about 2000 miles on the Odyssey during this trip.

The research side of the trip included trips to Belle Grove Plantation - home of Major Isaac Hite who was my first cousin six times removed and the Stewart Bell, Jr. Archives Room at the Handley Library in Winchester. It was so exciting to do some research on a part of my family that was in Virginia as early as 1732.

Not only have I researched, I've done some data input in to my genealogy program. When I look back at my notes, I find I hadn't done any input since August 31st! If you saw my desk - every square inch covered AGAIN - you would agree that I need to put some time in doing that data input!



Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment