Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yes, This Was Indexed.

 Ancestry tells me that William Chinn, born about 1790 was enumerated on this page. Really. Were they using some sort of magic to index this page? Infrared light? Ultraviolet?  They 1870 census for William Chinn in Scott county is not much better. Maybe on a microfilm reader this might actually display, but this image is totally useless.

Looking at Family Search's index is worse. They don't even show this person indexed. Because they couldn't read the page either.

In an attempt to get the page number so I could try to get the image on Heritage Quest, I noticed that the record says he is Black. I don't know how they could read that either.

1850 Fayette County, Kentucky Census
Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. Greetings From Southern California

    I added myself to follow your blog.

    I invite you to visit TOGB and follow back.

    God Bless You :-)

    ReplyDelete