Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where Were You When ...

With the reported death of Osama Bin Laden, the mastermind of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks on the United States, Sunday evening, I wondered if we would remember what we were doing when the reports of his death erupted on the news and Facebook and finally from the White House. Certainly the 9-11 attacks had more impact on us, but I wonder if his death will have any impact on us at all.

My parents could both tell me what they were doing on December 7, 1941 - the day Pearl Harbor was attacked. Likewise, they knew where they were on VE day (Victory in Europe) and VJ day (Victory in Japan). I haven't included what I was doing on 9-11 in my personal notes. Maybe I should.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. You need to definitely include where you were on 9-11 in your notes. And we both need to write about where we were when we learned about bin Laden!

    Tomorrow, I'm all over it. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. It's tomorrow here already!

    ReplyDelete