Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, May 23, 2011

What Have You Got For Me Now?

I stumbled across a great site for people with connections in Kalamazoo County, Michigan last week. The site is Kalamazoo Genealogy Records and I found some great stuff there! Initially, I was looking for a marriage record of Corintha Percival and Lyman McNitt, and then I went hunting for other finds! Wow! I found headstone photos, images of the cards in their card file/vertical file. I even found another child for Montgomery Percival & Eunice Cook, Harriet Emily who died October 7, 1838 at the age of 2 years and 6 months in Comstock, Michigan.Using the death date, I browsed the Kalamazoo Gazette for October of 1838 - I'm glad it was a weekly newspaper - and found the death notice. Don't forget to click on the images to see them larger!



Of course, my OCFRD* has kicked in and I can't wait to see what else I will find.

*Obsessive Compulsive Family Research Disease.

Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment: