Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sympathy Saturday - Matilda "Tenie" Bush

Photo courtesy of Julia Percival Deimler
Matilda "Tenie" Bush was the daughter of Philip Bush & Vicey Tousey (Vicey was a daughter of Thomas Tousey & Lydia Percival) and was born August 7, 1834 in Kentucky and died in Los Angeles, California on April 9, 1914.

She is buried with the Percivals on their lot in Rosedale Cemetery in Los Angeles.



Copyright 2011, ACK for Gene Notes

1 comment:

  1. Ah ha! I was just re-reading a letter from my Grandma the other night, wherein she told a story of her mom (Catherine Border Freel) learning to read at the age of 3 on the lap of her Great Aunt Tenie. I was confused as I had remembered it being "Aunt Tenie" and then saw that Ellen Percival's sister Tenie died before Catherine was born. So, I just re-read it, it is "Great Aunt Tenie," and now it all makes sense.

    Thanks!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete