Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

On Being Pulled in Different Directions

After a busy weekend - cleaning up our storeroom a bit and re-arranging, working in the garage to return it to some semblance of orderliness and to prep it for parking the second car in there, very little got done in the way of family history research. No blogs were written. This is unusual for me since I like to have a few waiting in the wings so to speak.

It was weird picking through boxes of books that DH and I packed in 2006 and 2007 when we were prepping our home in Michigan for sale. Many of those are now donations at our local library. Box #19 (from the mover's label) was broken up and recycled. It made me think of younger daughter's move this past weekend from one apartment to another in her complex. I hope she doesn't take as long to unpack as we have. Granted we have moved more than once in those years but still it seems like it is taking forever.

As the year begins to wind down, I am thinking of my resolutions and what I have accomplished. Through fits and starts I have accomplished some of what I had hoped. The big photo project still looms before me though - intimidating as it seems it will get started one of these days. I'm still waffling on the publishing of the family histories though. I have one set up and maybe it will at least get proofed before the end of the year.

The extra project I took on, transcribing letters from my grandfather to his oldest son is moving slowly. Probably because it is difficult to keep my desk clean and organized so I can work on it. That's my story and I am sticking to it.


Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

3 comments:

  1. You have a clean desk!??! you are doing much better than I. SIGHH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like my story too! I can't even remember how many times I've cleaned off my desk this year with the admonishment to myself that THIS time it's going to stay clean. HA!

    ReplyDelete