Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Rollin', Rollin' On These Records

I have been really caught up lately working in Massachusetts, trying to find everything I can think of - and that my genealogy program says I should search for before the subscription runs out. I have pulled hundreds of records, some of them not very readable, which makes you wonder how they were indexed in the first place! Fortunately, my finds are petering out and all I will have left to do is enter all the information I've found and link the images. And that is exactly what I have been doing on these stormy days we had last month. In between company, housework and helping older daughter with the new apartment.

Every other person I seem to find has links to Sandwich, Massachusetts, so I haul those books out and take a look at them trying to figure out how some people seem to have gotten missed in the Massachusetts Vital Records.

So far, I have 87 birth records, 105 marriage records and 92 census records calling my name. I know that census number will grow exponentially as I add new information to the database.

And I still have the letter project to finish. I always have something to work on!

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment