Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday, Monday! Relatively Speaking.

Today is Relatively Speaking Day - and Karen is up. She has been spending time out in the field - cemeteries that is - searching for headstones; she's been researching in libraries hunting up an astounding number of obituaries and other announcements. I'm jealous.

On the home front, I've been commiserating with Older Daughter who had expected to move this past weekend, which did not happen. Hopefully she will find out today what the deal is.

Meanwhile, I've spent some of the last couple days battling with a cluster migraine, 90 degree heat, and finding and filling holes in the family history with Family Search. Somehow that brings to mind me with a can of spackle plugging a hole on a HUGE wall chart! It hasn't been easy because my ancestors and their descendants loved to name their children with names like Carl Heinrich Friedrich Johann in addition to their last name. Or Leona Elsie (I think that's supposed to be Elise) Henrietta. And I will swear on a stack of bibles that they change from census year to census year, which name they are going to use.  And then the females get married and change their last name and decide since hubby's momma is Leona, they'll use Henrietta. So I have been trying to put these Kettler, Knost & Meyer families in Ohio together properly with the help of Family Search. It's been a challenge!


Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment