Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

That and 50 Centimes Will Get You ...

This one small boot box of letters written by my grandfather is really a treasure trove of little odds and ends. The other day I pulled out an envelope expecting it to have pictures or a letter in it and I was surprised instead to find scrip worth 9 francs and 600 centimes. This scrip was issued in 1917-1919. There is some from Nancy, Nice, Strasbourg, Colmar & Dijon.


I've been comparing notes with my sister, Middle-Aged Woman over at Unmitigated and she also has some interesting material from our grandfather.

Anyway, I have included scans of some of the nicer looking scrip.


One of my favorites is the 50 centimes from the Region Provencal. If you click on them, you can see the front and back view of that particular one. Very intricate.

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment