Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday - Sarah Kirtley Percival Webb

Sarah Kirtley married first Dr. John Stearns Percival. They were my great-great-great grandparents. She was his second wife. After his death, she married Lewis Webb.

Finding this tombstone was not easy. Are they ever? When we went searching for it one day in the 1990's all we had was her name in a book of tombstone readings for the Old Burlington Cemetery in Burlington, Kentucky. All four of us walked past it. More than once.

When we finally found it, imagine my surprise at what I found on the front of it.  Took me a while to actually look at the top of the stone though! Don't forget to click on the full tombstone photo to enlarge it.

The OCFRD has been temporarily supplanted by OCOGD (Obsessive compulsive Olympic Games disorder) and my new favorite sport to watch is the snowboard cross.

Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

2 comments:

  1. Just an FYI . . . it does appear that we are Kirtley cousins . . . in my files, I have your Sarah as a 2nd great-granddaughter of Francis Paschal Kirtley and Margaret M. Roberts . . . and Francis and Margaret are 2nd great-grandparents to my 2nd great-grandpa, William Paschal Henry (1836-1912) . . . his mother is a Kirtley . . . V. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, hey there cousin! It is always great to find a new relative!

    ReplyDelete