Gene Notes

Some random and some not-so-random thoughts on family history.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Random Thoughts of a Genealogical Nature

I was working on a blog for Surname Saturday and came across a printout from St. Joseph Cemetery in East Tawas, Michigan, where most of my Zimmeths are buried. Lot 120 appears to have two different family names on it. One is Zimmeth. The other is Fournier, which is my youngest sister's married name. It creeped her out, not because of the names, the cemetery part.

Where do people go from one census to another. I have obituaries stating so and so was born in Annsville in Oneida County, New York prior to the 1850 census and was a lifelong resident. Yet they are nowhere to be found in 1850. Anywhere? Darn Percival line anyway.

Hubby and I finished watching the reincarnation of the 1970's Battlestar Galactica series of the same name. My question is, do all these DNA test results show that we are part Cylon?



Copyright 2010, ACK for Gene Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment